I was in a conversation with two of my friends whom we served together. One of them asked me; “Maryam please where did you start from? At first I said no where. She then asked again “How? Because I want to start something but I don’t even know from where to start. Honestly, I got puzzled and confused about the question but at the same time I was thrilled, because the question gave me a great pleasure to attempt it. To be sincere I don’t know from where I started.
Let’s be frank, you can start anything small not huge, you just need to acquire the skills and have the idea. Many people have this perception of; the financial market doesn’t care about how bright your ideas are if you are unable to meet their requirements that means you have no advance loan/capital to start and as such is all, as regards to your business dream. But, to me; you use the skills and resources you have to start small, save the little you earn and invest with what you saved. It happens gradually not overnight though, finance and funding is a major aspect of starting or setting up a business.
The right business for you depends on your circumstances, location, skills and passion. Just sit down look around you reflect and you will see a lucrative business you can start with little capital. I have these tips for you that will prepare you to embark on the journey of entrepreneurship:
- Think outside the box; think big.
- Be innovative and creative
- Search for ideas; these ideas can be problems within your area.
- Turn the idea into opportunities (a chance for advancement, progress and profit making). They can be solutions to the problem identified.
- Pursue a creative career; Have the knowledge & skills of what you intend to do.
- Design a plan (a set of intended actions, usually mutually related, through which one expects to achieve a goal.
- Set a clear goal, put a plan in place and stick to it.
- Have passion and interest in what you will do.
- Take the risks for profit making and execute plan.
- Build a team you can trust.
On a final note, we all have potentials and we all are blessed with gifts. You can make a good living and add value to the society by engaging in one thing or the other. All you need to do is to focus, be good at what you do. Its important that in your own life you sit in the driver’s seat be responsible for your own success or failure. Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other thing.
I hope the little tips I gave will serve as a guideline or a map with visual representation of the territory of entrepreneurship that you are about to enter. Don’t be afraid you can do it there will be this horrible feeling that will be build in your stomach as a result of words of doubt which often gets loud that we fail to react the road might seems to be turbulent and rough. Just Ignore and start you will get there.